December 20, 2010

mini turkey meatballs - baked

This is one of my favorite go-to Sunday meals.  So easy to make and equally delicious. Colton LOVES them, so I usually freeze some in individual batches so that I can pull them out and throw them in the microwave for him. Easy Peasy!! I took the original recipe from my BFF Giada.  Instead of frying them in oil, I bake them in the oven.  Let's get to it, shall we.

Ingredients
  • 1 lb. ground turkey meat
  • 1 small onion, grated (I do minced instead)
  • 3 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 large egg
  • 1/4 cup bread crumbs (I use Italian bread crumbs)
  • 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
  • 1/4 cup grated Pecorino Romano
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley (I used curly parsley)
  • 3 tablespoons ketchup
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.  Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.

2. Place all ingredients into a bowl.



3. Mix together thoroughly using your hands.  Make sure your mixture isn't too wet or dry.  (I used about 1.25 lbs. of turkey, so I adjusted the ingredients a little bit; i.e. more cheese, more ketchup, etc.

4.  Roll mixture into a small meatballs.  Place on the baking sheet.


5.  Place the meatballs in the oven for 15-20 minutes, depending on how 'crispy' you like your meatballs.  I love a good crust on mine, so I leave them in for 20 minutes.


6.  After the 15-20 minutes, take the meatballs out and turn them over.  They will look a little gross at this point, but don't worry.  It is just the fat oozing out!  Place them back in the oven for another 15-20 minutes.

7.  After the 15-20 minutes (again, depending on your like of the 'crispy'), take out of the oven and you are done!

I usually throw these in some homemade sauce and let them sit on the stove until dinner time.  These are super healthy and delicious.  The best part about this recipe is the cleanup, there is virtually none since you line the baking sheet with foil!  They really are the best meatballs I have ever made. Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. just came across your blog :) ohmygosh its so cute! that looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete