December 15, 2010

holiday photos

2 years ago when we brought our beloved Weimaraner, Gunner, home in November, I had the brilliant idea of taking his picture in front of the Christmas Tree and putting him front and center on our Christmas cards.  Sounds easy, right? WRONG.   Let me explain:

Year 1: Gunner was only 2 months old at the time. If you have ever dealt with a 2 month old, high strung puppy, you know the drill.  It probably took about 45 minutes to get 2-3 good shots of him.  Here is what we settled on for the card. (every time I look at this, I want 233 more puppies. my husband would.kill.me)


Year 2:  Gunner was a year old and Colton was about 4 weeks old when I decided that it was time for the Christmas photo shoot. It was relatively easy, in that we could get Gunner to sit beside the tree (using about 89 milk bones, mind you) and then sit Colton beside him in his little bouncer.  After about 20 minutes, I finally got a usable shot. (i laugh every time i look at this and see Colton's 'bitch, please' face)


Year 3: Gunner is now 2 years old and Colton just turned a year old a few weeks ago. Since he is no longer interested in walking, only running, I knew this was going to be tons of fun (insert sarcasm here).  It literally took us 2 days to finally get a shot of my boys together.  This is actually a very accurate depiction of my life, and I wouldn't trade it for anything.  



 


Then they finally started pulling it together. There may or may not have been Milk Bones, Cheerios, and Phineas and Ferb involved. 





 












No comments:

Post a Comment