November 16, 2010

happy birthday, babycakes

I cannot believe that my little babycakes is 1 year old today. I keep sitting here at my desk thinking about how this time 1 year ago I thought a long walk with Gunner would help my 'cramps'. 7 hours later I had the most beautiful baby I have ever seen. I would be lying if I said I didn't tear up on the way to work this morning!

This weekend we had a family birthday party for the babycakes in our home town. 

We rented a helium tank and blew up around 100 balloons for the party.  Actually, the husband blew up and tied each balloon shut.  I just tied the strings on! Here is a good idea of what the bundles looked like.

Here is some of the food spread.  I made the candy apples, caramel apples, and the chocolate covered marshmallows.




I was in LOVE with the cake! It was exactly what I asked her to make and was delicious.  The top layer was red velvet and the bottom layer was banana.


Babycakes was only interested in the icing. He was picking off the little yellow dots and shoving them in!




When it was time to sing happy birthday, he turned into such a shy little guy! This picture captures his little smile perfectly!


Here are a few shots of him opening some gifts.  I should really say of ME opening the gifts, because he could have cared less.  He was more interested in climbing up and down on his new Mickey Mouse rocking chair!



Happy Birthday Babycakes, Mommy loves you more than you will ever know!

1 comment: