March 01, 2010

like i have nothing else to do...

I decided to start a blog for a couple reasons....

a) I have become obsessed with fabric and quilts

b) I had the most adorable baby boy in November and I plan to post a Pic of the Day for all of my family who don't get to see him as often as they like

c) I have a 3 month old baby, a year old Weimaraner, and a full time job...so as you can see, I clearly have nothing to do with my 'spare' time

d) Actually, I have also become obsessed with quilt and craft blogs.  I love looking at all the cool projects and craft for ideas and thought people might get a kick out of watching someone get their first sewing machine and trying to use it!  As much as I enjoy reading professional crafters and quilters blogs, it is always refreshing to see someone who is as clueless as me!

So...here it goes. I have begun cutting my fabrics for my first ever quilt for my bubbs.  Since I have never used my machine before, I am going to start with a ragged square quilt...thank god for the tutorial by crazy mom quilts!  I will take some pics and post them tonight!

I am also working on the blog layout...sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment